Temporary Library Card
If you're an Evergreen Park resident without a library card, click here to apply for a temporary library card online. which gives you free access to our eBooks and databases!
Why You Should Get an Evergreen Park Public Library Card
Check out materials from the tens of thousands of items in the Evergreen Park Public Library collection, including books, magazines, music CDs, audiobooks, DVDs, and more!
Download free ebooks and audiobooks to your digital device through Media on Demand.
Request any of the 7 million items listed in the SWAN online catalog, and it will be delivered, free, to any library in our system that you select for pick-up.
Use the Internet, Microsoft Office applications, and Ancestry.com from library computers and laptops.
Visit our Online Resources page from your home, school, or office, including The Chicago Tribune, Consumer Reports, Public Records, and HeritageQuest. This is specialized information available only by subscription and free to Evergreen Park Public Library cardholders.
Library cards are issued to all Evergreen Park residents without charge upon
- Completing and signing an application.
- Presenting a current valid ID with photo, name, and Evergreen Park address (driver's license with current address or state identification card or other government-issued identification card).
If any of the above is not available, the following current (6 months or less) proof-of-residency forms may be used and MUST be accompanied by a photo ID labeled with the patron's name:
- Utility bill (gas, electric, water, telephone, or cell phone).
- Motor vehicle registration card.
- Property transfer certificate or lease or mortgage statement.
- Class schedule.
- Public aid or Medical aid ID card.
- Bank statement.
- Credit card statement.
- Paycheck stub.