Evergreen Park Public Library Foundation
The Evergreen Park Public Library Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to enhancing the quality and scope of the Evergreen Park Public Library’s resources. We accomplish our mission through fundraising, advocacy, and memorable events that draw people together to celebrate community and share an appreciation for the Library and its works. Public funding can only go so far. The Foundation was established in 2003 to solicit diversified support to supplement property tax-based funding for library programs, community outreach services, materials, technology, and capital improvements. The Foundation Board is comprised of community members from the private and public sector who donate their time and expertise to accomplish the Foundation’s goals. The Evergreen Park Public Library and the Foundation work together to determine where private funds will have the greatest impact.
Through private donations, the Evergreen Park Public Library has been able to offer programs and services and to pursue capital projects that would not be possible otherwise.
The Foundation has funded a variety of projects, including:
- A quiet reading room with a fireplace.
- The free, community-wide summer reading program.
- The “Teacher in the Library” after school homework help center.
- A 75 gallon freshwater aquarium in the Children’s department.
- Author visits by internationally known, best selling authors.
- Collaborative community art projects.
- Sponsors the Library's Homebound Delivery Program.
These wouldn’t be possible without an active community of dedicated supporters.